Mr. Grapefruit

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I once met a man who reminded my of  blood red grapefruit. A blood red grapefruit? Yes, a blood red grapefruit. From the outside, his exterior was tough and seemingly rugged but he had a glow about him, his "ora", his "color" surrounding resembled that of a beautiful orange. At first I didn't understand him but his flaws were apparent. I could tell that the tough exterior I saw was just the wall of past shame and insecurity built up around him almost like a shell to keep things from touching the inside.…as time went on conversations sinked deeper and reached greater heights. His fears and gritty impurities began to peel uncovering the meat of his soul. The blood red. His personality was like a taste of the bittersweet grapefruit. If the juice drops it will stain your clothing. Quite an annoying quality but you'll never be able to forget the day you bit into that grape fruit. As you eat through the slices you find seeds or imperfections, that you spit out in hopes that it will grow better crop when it flourishes the next time. This man has now grown into something more amazing then the grapefruit he was upon our first meeting.

My best friend, a life friend, my boyfriend.

0 comments: